World Clock V9 Beta (In Construction):
- Correcting time zones within Brazilian land;
- World Clock has always needed internet access to function since its first version. In order to also help users track time via computers with no internet, we are now creating separate versions of our World Clock for off-line use on computers intended to never be connected to the internet, and for computers on intranets/extranets with no internet access or with limited internet access;
- Updating the database with many more cities, while making sure World Clock runs smoothly with a much bigger database.
World Clock V8 (Current Version Available for Download):
- Added a button to Control Panel for users to change 12-hour for 24-hour format on digital clocks, as requested by many users. This is a major feature as the programming involved was considerable;
- Corrected a bug in Solar Terminator, one that prevented it from being disabled and saved as a preference;
- Solar Terminator shape was reverted back to previous one, as requested by many users. The current shape will not be changed any more due to requests, as this shape is the one most users prefer. This Solar Terminator shape is extremely accurate, but, for your information, is not 100% accurate, because it is impossible to calculate and display the real Solar Terminator shape caused by the sun; however, it is close enough;
- Implemented Solar Terminator, City Markers, City Flags and Hour Format (12-hour or 24-hour format) in Embed Tag feature, which means these four features are included in automatic generation of embed tags, according to user's preferences;
- Reduced names of months from, for example, "October 18, 2013" to "Oct 18, 2013", in order to save space in Time Zone Window, because some months names are bigger than others;
- Corrected a design issue in desktop versions for PC and Mac, caused by Adobe Flash Player itself, which created space not used by World Clock and in another color different from World Clock's default theme - Blue Theme. Now Blue Theme has the same blue background color within the entire window's background;
- Added several improvements to design, code and performance.
World Clock V7:
- Added a new application icon to World Clock V7;
- Corrected distribution of time zones within Australian territory, and added two missing time zones to it on World Map;
- Added a new, very useful feature to Control Panel named Embed Tag. With it, users will be able to automatically generate a HTML Embed Tag to copy and paste on any web site, blog, forum, presentation, software, Intranet and Extranet. The Embed Tag will be automatically generated according to user's preferences on World Clock, namely selected colors/theme and time zones;
- Added many cities to Time Zones Database concerning certain countries, namely United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Brazil, Germany, France, Australia, and others;
- Corrected simple design issues;
- Improved Solar Terminator to better display territories under day and night times;
- Reduced size of Web, PC and Mac versions of World Clock.
World Clock V6:
- Added a new Time Zone Panel with 8 Horizontal Time Zone Windows, instead of just 6 Vertical Time Zone Windows;
- Added a new Time Zones Database with 2 Time Zone Selection Methods;
- Added more cities to Time Zones Database;
- Added a new Control Panel;
- Added a new button to Control Panel for activating/deactivating City Markers in World Map;
- Corrected depth of time zone border color and country border color on World Map;
- Corrected some simple design issues;
- Applied several improvements to design and code;
- Improved World Clock performance.
World Clock V5:
- Added a Time Zones Database for users to quickly select time zones via Time Zone Panel.
World Clock V4:
- Added a Solar Terminator to display which countries are in day and night time;
- Added Random Theme Creator to Settings.
World Clock V3:
- Added City Markers for displaying major cities in all time zones;
- Added many improvements and several preset themes to Settings.
World Clock V2:
- Added many improvements/changes/fixes to World Map, Time Zone Window, Time Zone Panel, and Control Panel.
World Clock V1.5:
- Added an Improved World Map, Time Zone Window, Time Zone Panel, Control Panel, and Country Flags;
- Added Time Zone Automatic Configuration via XML technology.
World Clock V1:
- Added a simple World Map with time zones.