Version 8.0 Beta (In Construction):
- Adding our newest technology for managing time zones. World Clock will be able to work without internet connection; if the user's PC or Mac fails to access the internet, the World Clock will read and write time according to the operating system's time system. Obviously, we recommend the user to have internet connection in order to download the updated Time Zones Database, which is crucial, but if internet connection fails, this new technology will become very useful for the user.
- Trying to add a button to the Control Panel, or any other mean, for users to change the digital clocks' 12-hour format for 24-hour format, as requested by some users.
- Users will be able to click on a time zone / region at the World Map, and a list of available cities for that time zone / region will appear for the user to select one city and add it to the Time Zone Panel, filling one of the available 8 Time Zone Windows.
- Implementing inclusion of Solar Terminator, City Markers and City Flags in the Embed Tag feature, allowing users to manually disable them themselves by directly editing the html embed tag, if so needed. This feature is for medium to advanced users of html, or for users that know very well how a html embed tag functions.
- Brainstorming to include more features for our beloved personal and commercial users.
Version 7.0 (Current Version Available for Download):
- Corrected distribution of time zones within Australian territory, and added two missing time zones to it on the World Map;
- Added a new, very useful feature to the Control Panel named Embed Tag. With it, users will be able to automatically generate a HTML Embed Tag to copy and paste on any web site, blog, forum, presentation, software, Intranet and Extranet. The Embed Tag will be automatically generated according to the user's preferences on the World Clock, namely selected colors/theme and time zones.
- Added many cities to the Time Zones Database concerning certain countries, namely United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Brazil, Germany, France, Australia, and others;
- Corrected simple design issues;
- Improved the Solar Terminator to better display the territories in day and night time.
- Reduced the size of web, pc and mac versions.
- Added a new Time Zone Panel with 8 horizontal Time Zone Windows, instead of just 6 vertical Time Zone Windows;
- Added a new Time Zones Database with 2 Time Zone Selection Methods for the User;
- Added more cities and time zones to the Time Zones Database;
- Added a new Control Panel;
- Added a new button to the Control Panel for activating/deactivating the City Markers in the World Map;
- Corrected the depth of the time zone border's color and country border's color on the World Map's design;
- Corrected several simple design issues;
- Applied several improvements to the design and code;
- Improved the World Clock's performance.
- Added a Time Zones Database for the user to quickly select time zones from the Time Zone Panel;
- Added a Solar Terminator to display which countries are in day and night time;
- Added Random Theme Creator to the Settings.
- Added City Markers, displaying the major cities of each time zone / region;
- Added improvements to the Settings, namely several preset themes;
- Added improvements/changes/fixes to the World Map, Time Zone Window, Time Zone Panel, and Control Panel.
- Added Improved World Map, Time Zone Window, Time Zone Panel, Control Panel, and Flags of all Countries;
- Added Time Zone Automatic Configuration with the use of XML Technology.
- Added a simple World Map with Time Zones.