World Clock V9 Beta (In Construction):
- Increasing from 8 Horizontal Time Zone Windows to a number between 10 and 16 Time Zone Windows. Many users have the need to track more than 10 time zones, so they have requested as much Time Zone Windows as possible to track as many time zones as they can. Such users need to track many time zones for professional and personal reasons, for example, friends, markets and companies offices, so this will help them achieve such goals;
- World Clock has always needed internet access to function since its first version. In order to also help users track time via computers with no internet, we are now creating separate versions of our World Clock for off-line use on computers intended to never be connected to the internet, and for computers on intranets/extranets with no internet access or with limited internet access;
- Updating the database with many more cities, while making sure the World Clock runs smoothly with a much bigger database;
- Thinking on more features to add to the World Clock, but without damaging its great performance.
World Clock V8 (Current Version Available for Download):
- Added a button to the Control Panel for users to change the 12-hour for 24-hour format on digital clocks, as requested by many users. This is a major feature as the programming involved was considerable;
- Corrected a bug in Solar Terminator, one that prevented it from being disabled and saved as a preference;
- Solar Terminator shape was reverted back to previous one, as requested by many users. The current shape will not be changed any more due to requests, as this shape is the one most users prefer. This Solar Terminator shape is extremely accurate, but, for your information, is not 100% accurate, because it is impossible to calculate and display the real Solar Terminator shape caused by the sun; however, it is close enough;
- Implemented Solar Terminator, City Markers, City Flags and Hour Format (12-hour or 24-hour format) in the Embed Tag feature, which means these four features are included in the automatic generation of the embed tag, according to the user's preferences;
- Reduced the names of months from, for example, "October 18, 2013" to "Oct 18, 2013", in order to save space in the Time Zone Window, because some months names are bigger than others;
- Corrected a design issue in the desktop versions for PC and Mac, caused by Adobe Flash Player itself, which created space not used by World Clock and in another color different from the World Clock default theme - Blue Theme. Now the Blue Theme has the same blue background color within the entire window's background;
- Added several improvements to design, code and performance.
World Clock V7:
- Added a new application icon to World Clock V7;
- Corrected distribution of time zones within Australian territory, and added two missing time zones to it on the World Map;
- Added a new, very useful feature to the Control Panel named Embed Tag. With it, users will be able to automatically generate a HTML Embed Tag to copy and paste on any web site, blog, forum, presentation, software, Intranet and Extranet. The Embed Tag will be automatically generated according to the user's preferences on the World Clock, namely selected colors/theme and time zones;
- Added many cities to the Time Zones Database concerning certain countries, namely United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Brazil, Germany, France, Australia, and others;
- Corrected simple design issues;
- Improved the Solar Terminator to better display the territories in day and night time;
- Reduced the size of Web, PC and Mac versions of World Clock.
World Clock V6:
- Added a new Time Zone Panel with 8 Horizontal Time Zone Windows, instead of just 6 Vertical Time Zone Windows;
- Added a new Time Zones Database with 2 Time Zone Selection Methods for the User;
- Added more cities to the Time Zones Database;
- Added a new Control Panel;
- Added a new button to the Control Panel for activating/deactivating the City Markers in the World Map;
- Corrected the depth of the time zone border color and country border color on the World Map design;
- Corrected some simple design issues;
- Applied several improvements to design and code;
- Improved the World Clock performance.
World Clock V5:
- Added a Time Zones Database for users to quickly select time zones via the Time Zone Panel.
World Clock V4:
- Added a Solar Terminator to display which countries are in day and night time;
- Added Random Theme Creator to the Settings.
World Clock V3:
- Added City Markers for displaying the major cities of all time zones;
- Added many improvements and several preset themes to the Settings.
World Clock V2:
- Added many improvements/changes/fixes to the World Map, Time Zone Window, Time Zone Panel, and Control Panel.
World Clock V1.5:
- Added an Improved World Map, Time Zone Window, Time Zone Panel, Control Panel, and Country Flags;
- Added Time Zone Automatic Configuration with the use of XML technology.
World Clock V1:
- Added a simple World Map with time zones.